Listed below are some very useful website links to support you and your child/ children in their home learning. I did send a more deatiled list in the home learning packs, but thought I would put them here as well.
- White Rose Hub - on this site there is work for different year groups, worksheets, projects and video tutorials to help you
Scholastic - at home learning to help children with their reading, thinking and growing
Pobble 365 - for creative and inventive writing prompts
Roald Dahl - fun activities to do at home
Litfilmfest.com - projects created and delivered by authors that are free to download and try!
storytime - David Walliams is reading a new story everday at 11am (obviously no rival for our very own Mr Ewing reading a bedtime story, but still something to enjoy!)
- Young writers have created a website full of ideas, writing frames and templates to help you - yes all of you - to #writetounite in this strange time of isolation and lockdown. As many people struggle with the new rules, this could be a healthy and creative way of expressing how you're feeling right now. Give it a go - and don't forget to share!
- Literacy shed has some fantastic writing stimuli for children interested in lots of different genres, from fantasy to film and inventions to mysteries. Check it out! Don't forget to share your writing with me too
BrainPOP - for fun and interactive learning
Edheads - interesting Science questions
drchips - every day at 10 am Dr Chips will conduct a new investigation or experiment and talk you through the steps
CAFOD - here are some RE resources to use at home
GoNoodle - a site we love in Year 3! get active, learn how to meditate, practice your dance moves, have a brain break or just have some fun!
BBC bitesize - always a useful and interesting site
Joe Wicks - the body coach - is doing live PE sessions on his youtube channel Monday-Friday
Edinburgh Zoo - they are putting live web cams on all of their animals!
WWF have some wonderful activities on their website - games, quizes, craft activities and so much information to help children learn about our planet and the animals that live here
- NowPressPlay at home! New this year, we have all used this programme to ignite children's imagination and bring a topic to life. In Year 3 alone we have travelled back to the Stone Age, met a talking plant in Science and helped a conservation group to save the Amazon Rainforest...just ask the children! This fantastic programme has now been made available for you to use at home. Simply click on the link and enter the password: nowpressplay
...then off you go! Don't forget to tell me where you've been on your adventure...
- BBC Bitesize have set up an excellent selection of learning videos